This year Sami wanted to be The Flash.
Naturally there is no Flash costume available in Muscat and believe me I would have happily paid for one. So I looked through the internet to get some ideas and then got started on his costume. For my sewing friends I used Ottobre 4/2004 Long Johns and an Ottobre 301 T-Shirt pattern with a simple red jersey and then applied some felt appliqués to make the main costume. He is super happy with the outcome as you will see below. He says he is a bit scared about wearing it at school in case the kids laugh at him but I am sure he will be ok once he sees the others in their costumes.
He really wanted the yellow boots that Flash wears but after he saw my pretend felt wrap around boots he was happy enough.
The mask is a red swimming cap with a red felt mask and felt ears. (Do you know how hard it is to sew felt on to something you need to full stretch!)
I should have Lulu's Genie costume ready by tonight. The school's Fall Festival is on Thursday and it is always such a great night. For Eyad I will dipping into the dress up box, thank goodness he is still young enough to be happy with that. It is his 3rd birthday tomorrow which means this afternoon will be spent making cupcakes for his nursery tomorrow and getting started on his cake as tomorrow is also the school Parent / Teacher conferences and I can't imagine I will get much else done.
Today Lulu and Sami are home (day 1 parent conferences - they get 2 days off) and Eyad is home too so it has been a fun yet noisy morning. Lulu put on Christmas music and they are all dancing around getting into the Christmas spirit - WAIT it is too early for that ... or is it?
Thanks for stopping by ...








Awesome as always! You amaze me!!
ReplyDelete