Sunday, January 01, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR – Lets Rock 2012

Wow another year over, a new one just begun … (sing along now if you like).

Last night my Mum and I went to see the Mariinsky Ballet at the Royal Oman Opera House. It was lovely. There were three acts, the first being a traditional pretty ballet with lots of jumping and dancing etc., the second a fantastic modern piece and the third was based on Carmen. Fantastic night.

This was us outside the Opera House last night.

IMG_0479

As I type this post my Mum “should be sleeping” as she needs to get up for her flight home at 3am. Oh dear I will miss her. Thanks Mum.

Today we chilled. In the morning the kids did some puzzles.

IMG_9816

This is our new IKEA bookshelf / desk for the “art area”. I purchased this hopping it would get the kids around the same table and interact more than working on their own art tables. This afternoon when we came home from lunch Laith immediately got a game out and went to the table and then asked the other two to come and play. The BEST 50 rials I spent in 2011!

Laith then went on to use some of the Montessori activities I have created.

IMG_9818

Meanwhile my other munchkins were playing make believe. I believe they were off to New Mexico on a trip … Eyad was riding cargo class I think! And there is the Christmas tree all packed away in its box ready for another years hibernation in our storage room (must add that to Ali’s to - do list).

IMG_9820

2011 was a good year, I have no complaints. Experiences, lessons, basically life happened!

2012, well I am hoping for a great year. My main goal is to be more organised and I hope that I can be a more present mum and wife.

My love to all my family and friends and wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Thanks for stopping by …

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to YOU!!! Looks like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete