Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Ice Skating

Yes folks it is official the new (and now only) ice rink has opened in Muscat. We visited there last Thursday to have a little icy fun.

PC010308

The kids loved rugging up. And  my darling Sharon (a.k.a. Aunty Sharon) do you see what Lulu is wearing? Yes it the jacket you got her that we thought she would never wear given that we had no plans to visit any cold countries soon!

PC010306

Laith had been once earlier in the week with a few lads from his karate class but he was much more confident second time around.

Lujayne just “got it” and in no time was skating along with no help.

PC010304

I slowly remembered how to push off and keep going, albeit quiet unsteady on my skates, and I had a great time until THUD I had a major crash and then I called it a day. Hey I think 60 minutes was a pretty good effort for this old duck!

PC010307

Oh and Sami was not with us as sadly he did a runner on me earlier in the day his punishment was no skating. I hope to post some pictures of him skating soon.

Thanks for stopping by …

2 comments:

  1. This is great news and the rink looks great i must take the girls soon.

    Glad to see that you and the kids are well. I am busy sewing for the launch of my shop next week :) hope to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 4H group always has a skating party in January and my ankles can't do more than one round around the rink these days, so the last several years I get hot cocoa and sit on the sidelines and take pictures. And visit with other moms who are in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete