Thursday, December 23, 2010

Twas the night before the night before Christmas

I can hardly believe that it is Christmas Eve tomorrow. Eyad will be 8 weeks old on Christmas day and I feel like he was born just a few weeks ago, that is how fast the world is spinning right now for me. The first weekend in December we put up the tree. This was the end result … PC070020

(there is my Tree Skirt, I am so proud of that as it was my first quilting effort)

OK so it won’t make the Macy’s / David Jones window Winking smile  but the kids enjoyed decorating it and felt proud of their efforts. Before it was decorated my Mum got “stuck” with putting up the tree with the kids as Eyad conveniently wanted to be fed so I took a seat and smiled as I watched the kids “helping” and then losing interest leaving poor Dee Dee to get it finished. So when it came time for decorating it was only fair to let Dee Dee have a little time out with Eyad. PC070014The blur in the picture is Sami who was racing around decorating.

We even managed to rope Ali into helping with the decorating.PC070011 He finally helped Lulu put the Santa on top of the tree.

PC070016

The shopping is finished, the presents are wrapped, lunch is ordered, bubbles are on ice … so all in all we are ready for Saint Nic and a lovely Christmas.  we will miss having Colm, Sharon and Silvio here but they will be in our thoughts and we shall toast the loved ones who can not be here.

I hope that you and your loved ones have a lovely Christmas filled with Joy, Peace, Love and Laughter.

 

Thanks for stopping by …

3 comments:

  1. Merry christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Clo,
    Merry Christmas
    great to finally be in contact again. Congrats to you and Ali on new baby.
    do you still visit Brissy?

    ReplyDelete